What are Communities?
- Communities are groups of likeminded people, such as the fans of a particular game or content creator. Communities can set the tone for their members through the Community Rules, theming and prizes for Community Events, and Community-approved media posts. Communities also have the ability to support their Streamers' channels, feature important staff or members of the Community, and more. Members can post media directly into their Communities by tagging it in their posts, and once approved by a Moderator or Administrator, it will appear on the Community feed for other members to see.
What are Community Rules?
- Community Rules help set the tone and unique vibe for each Community. Community Rules must be accepted by all members upon joining the Community, and other members are able help maintain Community integrity through Reporting options that are customized to members' shared Communities, granting the Community Admin and Moderators greater insight and control over the quality of the Community as a whole.
How do I create a Community?
- Currently, you can only create a Community by filling out this form.
- In the future, there will be tools available for all members to create their own Communities or transition large private Groups into a Community of their own.
Who's managing each community?
- Communities have a simple yet flexible list of Roles at this time. The Roles that can manage each Community and to what degree are as follows:
- Owner: Can manage all levels of the community, including all Community settings, deleting the Community or changing Community Owner member-reporting, and post-approval.
- Admin: Can do all of the same things that an Owner can do but cannot transfer Community Ownership or delete the Community.
- Moderator: Can manage post-approval and Member Reports.
- Owners and Admin are able to set the Roles for their Community Members and control who is a Moderator, Content-Poster, Tagger, or Featured Member.
Tell me more about Banning a Community Member.
- A Banned Community Member will be unable to view the Community or participate in Events hosted by the Community.
- Banned Users are listed as Members of the Community but are set to the "Banned" role in Community Managers' list of Members. That list can be filtered to display the full list of Members currently Banned from the Community.
- Community Managers can Ban or Unban members through the Role Management system within the Community Settings.